Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in November 2009 to record my journey back to health and fitness. I need to lose weight but as I am fairly fit (and I believe fat does not necessarily mean unfit) my main thrust now is to settle myself into a routine of healthy eating and enjoyable exercise that will sustain me into old age.

I hope you comment if you want to and that you gain something from reading of my trials and tribulations
Sharyn xx

Sunday 7 February 2010

It's my birthday today

I have had a lovely day today. I opened my lovely presents in bed with a cup of tea. Then we had breakfast and headed off for the beach at Perranporth.

Rod flew his kite while I paddled wearing my new purple wellies and we had a carvery lunch in the beach bar.

http://www.the-wateringhole.co.uk/






Another walk on the beach after lunch watching the rollers.




Rod found a length of washed up rope and made a heart out of it. He is such a softy :)





Tomorrow I start my real push to lose weight and get fit. I am doing well with my gym visits but I am tired and hungry. I think that the gym routine is the most important focus and I will work on cutting back on calories when my routine is more established.

Weekly sessions with Mark my PT are going well.

I am making some interesting meals and eating healthy food again. My body thanks me for it.

Here are pics of a few of the recent offerings.


Breakfast of chopped apple, grapes and natural yogurt with vanilla whey protein.











M&S Fuller Longer noodles with chicken and edamame - lovely range but too expensive for every day. I bought this on the £1 introductory offer.






Another breakfast - soda bread from the Farmers' Market with mixed berry jam and Sainsburys Be Good To Yourself Greek Yogurt.

If I buy the white soda bread it's like having a cream tea for breakfast :)




I have several recipes for tortillas that include cooked pasta instead of potatoes and I have wanted to make one for ages.

So I cooked too much fresh tagliatelle with a plan to make a tortilla the next night. This is it in the pan, cooking. Onions, red peppers, asparagus (also leftover from the previous night) and slices of quorn sausage that I browned before adding the veggies to soften before adding the pasta and egg mix.





And this is it cooked and served with a small mixed salad of leaves, tomatoes, cucumber and beetroot.

It was delicious.




What a long post - I need to update a couple of times a week at least but life is busy. New OU course starts for real this week and 4 or 5 gym trips a week alongside a full time job means I am a busy lady. Long may it continue.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharyn,
    Well I tried to post but would not let me I will have another go at a re reg, so if you see this I was lucky after 5 attempts. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee,
    6 is good maybe the thunderball for this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now what did I say before, will def try pasta instead of potatoes for a change, thanks for that, I always keep frozen onions (thanks Delia!!!!!!!!)and mushrooms and peppers in the freezer now so seem to make that for lunch a lot, today it will have pasta in it.
    Our WW leader is saying M and S have copied ww by saying simply fuller as their new diet from last year is simply filling, wonder how they will top that next year, as you know changes every 2 years.
    When I started out on trying to write this it was snowing now it has stopped, the novelty has worn off and I just want to be warm again.
    Keep up with the lovely Mark, I must walk more.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I love your wellies :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete