Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in November 2009 to record my journey back to health and fitness. I need to lose weight but as I am fairly fit (and I believe fat does not necessarily mean unfit) my main thrust now is to settle myself into a routine of healthy eating and enjoyable exercise that will sustain me into old age.

I hope you comment if you want to and that you gain something from reading of my trials and tribulations
Sharyn xx

Sunday 6 December 2009

Sunday, Sunny Sunday

What a wet week!!

I have lost that real 'go for it' feeling that I had last weekend and ate way way too much yesterday (Saturday).

I have made a few positive changes this week though and saw my personal trainer, Mark, on Friday for the first time since March. He worked me hard for about an hour and a quarter and I felt a pleasant ache yesterday.

Foodwise I have made some healthy and nutritious meals. My diet is about 80% healthy. I want to change that to 95% healthy.

Pics of some of last week's meals to follow.










Lamb with sweet potato and spinach













Sideways view of oats and ginger clementines










I made too much of this mushroom soup and got fed up of it.

My plan to buy a new freezer and make stews and soups ofr my lunch has failed. The freezer is far too big for the kitchen and will be returned.

Today I am going to make a vegetable stew in my new slow cooker (£10 from Tesco) and have that with roast lamb tonight. The left overs will be for lunch tomorrow.

Another trainer session tomorrow morning will make sure I get back into the gym. Looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment