Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in November 2009 to record my journey back to health and fitness. I need to lose weight but as I am fairly fit (and I believe fat does not necessarily mean unfit) my main thrust now is to settle myself into a routine of healthy eating and enjoyable exercise that will sustain me into old age.

I hope you comment if you want to and that you gain something from reading of my trials and tribulations
Sharyn xx

Sunday 13 December 2009

Sunday Again

I can't get into the habit of logging on every day - then boooooom a whole week has passed and I haven't posted anything.

This week has been pretty good.

I have seen my trainer twice and enjoyed two good sessions. On Friday we spent an hour doing a circuit of boxing, crunches and hill walking with dumbbells - I can't run due to a back problem.

My meals have been mainly healthy and nutritious and I have maintained my weight for the third week in a row. So hopefully I have stopped the weekly gaining that had been part of my life for several months.

If I can maintain until the New Year I shall be happy as there is quite a lot going on over the next couple of weeks.

I've used my slow cooker and made a couple of very tasty meals - veg casserole to go with roast lamb last Sunday and my Chicken with Lemon & Honey. That worked well which was a relief as it only takes about 20-25 minutes in the oven.










I've got a venison casserole simmering away for us to have when we get back from an early Christmas Concert tonight. I'll make some mash when we get in so we should be eating within 25 minutes of walking through the door. Yum Yum.


I shall try to post more often and keep a diary of my gym routines and my meals - that was the whole idea of starting a blog - so I could look back and see what I had done and eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment