Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in November 2009 to record my journey back to health and fitness. I need to lose weight but as I am fairly fit (and I believe fat does not necessarily mean unfit) my main thrust now is to settle myself into a routine of healthy eating and enjoyable exercise that will sustain me into old age.

I hope you comment if you want to and that you gain something from reading of my trials and tribulations
Sharyn xx

Sunday 9 May 2010

Unhappy

I need somewhere to have a rant and this seems as good a place as any.

It is Ten Tors weekend - husband is away from Thursday to Sunday and I usually have a great time eating healthy food, going to the gym and just relishing a few days of having the bed to myself.

Somehow this year hasn't been like that. I have felt compelled to check the regular team updates on the Ten Tors website, I have hardly been out of the house and I have felt all weekend as though I should be with him and not here on my own.

He has just phoned me to tell me that all their teams are safely home with no fall-outs. So they all get a medal and a certificate - the whole team has to finish to be awarded a certificate - and it is one per team of 6.

Rod was also presented with a medal - for long service. He was in tears on the phone as he knew nothing about it. Why oh why didn't one of the other leaders tell me? I knew I should have driven to Okehampton this morning. He will have had hugs and kisses from all sorts of people but not from his wife.

I feel alone and left out and I don't like that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment